Public Speaking for Adults. Communicating with Confidence
Public Speaking and Communicating with Confidence is an art that can be learnt at any age. It is a life skill that can help you in so many situations from speaking at team meetings, presenting to an audience, interviews for a job and so much more.
It is a process through which information is transmitted and understood between two or more people.
Created by Ms Sonal Dave
What Will I Learn?
- How to present with confidence for work, interviews and large audiences
- How to speak in a variety of situations including work and job interviews
- How body language can make you feel more confident
- How to develop your own confidence to get up and speak in public
Public Speaking - Communicating with Confidence is an essential skill for life and if you can learn this life skill, many situations that you will face will be so much easier. Just imagine that every time you get up to speak at work, or at a job interview or when presenting to an audience, that everyone is looking at you saying “wow”, I wish that I could be so confident and speak like that. Or even asking themselves “how can they be so confident and not nervous?”
I bet you would love to be able to just get up, say what you want and get what you want, or get the decision you want because you have these key skills!
In this Public Speaking, Communicate with Confidence online course, you will get the opportunity to learn the following:
- The importance of Communicating with Confidence
- Top tips for giving a presentation
- Things to do and not to do
- The use of body language
- The use of your voice
- The need for planning, preparation and practice
- How to practice your presentation on video
- How to make your boss, your team, your interviewer and fellow colleagues be impressed by your communication skills
- Develop your own self worth and self acceptance
This course is delivered through Video learning, activities for you to do and a general understanding of some theory. It will be important that you watch the videos a few times, do the activities and make notes in a way that works for you to remember. You will have the opportunity to do lots of practicing using a mobile phone, video camera and a long mirror. Public Speaking, Communicating with Confidence, is relevant for Presentations, Speeches, Seminars, Workshops, and Interviews. It will help you to develop a much needed skill for life.
Public Speaking, Communicating with Confidence is about you and how you behave and produce the spoken word. It really is important that you do practice, practice and more practice. Each time you will practice you will only get better and more confident. Learning this skill is like learning to ride a bike. You may struggle initially and it may just seem too hard but the more you practice, get your coordination right, get your posture sorted and increase your confidence. Slowly but surely it will feel natural.
There will be a number of exercises to do through this online course. Some will be about you and your life journey (your story), others may be a topic of your choice you like and also one that you do not like, so be prepared.
This course can take as long as you want it to take. You must work at a pace that suits you. The longest and hardest parts of the course are preparing your content, getting ready to video yourself, recording yourself, watching back, writing down what went well and what could have been done better and then doing it again.
Don’t delay and start your course today…….
Smile for the camera and enjoy as you learn.
Sonal Dave is an Award-Winning Public Speaking Expert, a Lady Toastmaster with The English Toastmasters Association, a Celebrant with The Association of Independent Celebrants, The Celebrant Directory, an Actress, a member of Equity and Spotlight, a Singer, does Voluntary Work for Children’s Charities and is a Magistrate.
Who this course is for:
This course is for Adults who wish to improve their Public Speaking Skills and be able to Communicate with Confidence in all situations at home, work, networking, interviews, team meetings, stage events and in the community.
To get the most from this course, please do the following:
1. Follow the course in the order as each section, activity and video will build on developing your skills
2. Make sure you continue to make notes all the time and review the notes as you go along
3. If you feel you could do a section better or want to try it again then please do. The more you do it the easier it becomes and you will get more confident
4. If the course asks you to stand in front of a mirror or video as an exercise then please do this as it is a very important part of developing your skills to accept how you look and sound.
5. When you are given an opportunity to speak or present, do not say no or shy away. Remember what you learnt in the course and go and do it.
6. If you are struggling and need some help then please email me at [email protected] and I will arrange a time to speak to you and help you through. We can do this on the phone or on skype
7. Remember you are not alone. Research shows that 3 out of 4 people fear getting up and speaking in front of people. However, as you are going to do this course, you will stand out from the crowd.
Pen & notebook
Mobile phone or video camera to record yourself
What are others saying about Sonal:
"I enjoyed the course and the way it was delivered in bites size pieces so it was't overwhelming and I could work at my own pace. I understood what I was asked to do. I like that you have used the 3 different ways people learn (audio, visual and kinaesthetic). I would recommend this course to anyone who is preparing for public speaking or interview as it takes you through each stage."
Roshni Shah, Australia
"Great venue, great delivery which was interactive. It allows us all to dig deep to find issues that were holding us back. To remove the fears, to be confident and open".
"Excellent experience. One of the best. Very interactive, concise, clear to the point, lots of tips and tricks shared and Sonal’s knowledge about the subject is deep and explained simply".
"Sonal is a Star! I have had the most incredible learning in her workshop. She has covered all the vital points in Public Speaking and Confidence. Today’s exercises have been an eye opener and very empowering".
"Sonal has been so warm, welcoming and respectful of everyone and their stories. Full of great advice and tips, she facilitated all conversations diplomatically and fairly. I have come away with more than just public speaking / communicating information".